Large piece of watercolor paper. Tag board works too
1. Lay the paper vertical
2. Draw an organic shape for the head...doesn't need to be perfect. Better if it is not!
3. Draw the profile line down the middle of the face, adding a nose.
4. Draw eyes, eyebrows, another nose, two sets off lips, ears, hair, and other stuff.
With this it is important to be creative and try not to make each side look the same.
5. Add a neck and shoulders.
6. Start to paint, you really want the colors to mix well with each other and have them blend. Try to keep complementary colors away from each other, so blue/orange, Red/green, yellow/violet. They can make brown when mixing.
7. Let the work air dry.
8. Once dry outline everything that was drawn earlier with sharpie to stand out.
9. Lay under books to flatten.
10. Hang it!
So like everyone else I have started a stupid blog....one more thing to add to my life that will probley get pushed to the side....or distract me from everything else. I am an art teacher, I love teaching art and enjoy many different arts and crafts. On my "blog" I will have different art project that I have tried/done in my classroom. Giving other people the chance to see whats in this crazy mind of an art teacher.... :)